Thursday 1 October 2009

Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... ~Susan Polis Shutz

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman


People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. ~Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat


Perfumes are the feelings of flowers. ~Heinrich Heine, The Hartz Journey

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. ~Chinese Proverb

A beautiful day spent at the National Botanic Garden of Wales. The flowers were enjoying their very last days of bloom which made them all the more lovely. Petals falling away, leaves turning brown, goodbye to summer and hello to the new season.
I've a sweet new print on Etsy which I'll post about tomorrow.

No comments: