Sunday 2 March 2008

After swearing off too-cheap-to-be-true clothes because of the whole someone's working for a pittance in some hell-hole to make this piece of tat thing I went to Cardiff's Primark on Saturday and suddenly came over all strange. How can you not walk through there and not get a dry mouth and sweaty palms as the realisation hits you that you can be on trend for so many of Spring/Summer 08's looks by only spending about £12.99? Damn that place... I did control myself somewhat through and emerged with only two of the 300 pieces that I tried on. I think it's hard to keep a clear conscience when it comes to fashion and I end up feeling guilty about so many things (mainly spending what little money I've got when I've got a mindless shopping induced head rush on) but clothes and fashion and dressing up make me happy and so I'll have to try harder to reconcile the shopper and the ethical consumer parts of me. That's what's so nice about second hand, what with recycling and all. So watch out British Heart Foundation, I'm a-coming...


Love Anna



No comments: